Your AFG Home Loans Edge™ loan has been approved… What happens next?
AFG Home Loans Edge™ offers simple, easy to understand loans. Find out what to expect once your home loan is approved through to your first loan repayment.
- Your broker will be notified by email when your home loan is approved and will let you know
- Your digital loan contract pack is being prepared
When: Approval day
Digital loan contracts issued
- Your digital loan contracts will be sent to your nominated email address
- You will receive a text message letting you know that your home loan docs are ready to sign
- This is a secure service provided by Docusign and MSA National which requires dual verification (email and SMS verification) to ensure your documents remain confidential
When: Day after approval day
Return of your documents
- Your broker will be notified when you receive your documents and they’ll be able to assist you through the process of digitally accessing, reviewing, signing and submitting your loan documents
- Once your documents are signed and completed they will be instantly returned to our settlements team
- Once your documents have been received, they are checked and verified
- Your broker can track the progress of your loan
When: Day after signed documents received
Settlement date booked in
- Your settlement date will be confirmed through your Solicitor or Conveyancer
When: Generally 2 days before settlement
- Your broker will receive an e-mail confirming that your loan has settled
- You will be posted your Settlement Statement and your broker will be e-mailed a copy
- Surplus funds (less loan disbursements1 ) will be made available via: cheque by post; or direct deposit into your bank account; or your loan account to draw at any time
When: Settlement day
Welcome pack sent
- You will receive a welcome letter detailing your loan account and repayment information along with a brochure detailing easy ways to manage your loan
When: around 10-15 days after Settlement day
Debit card & pin issued
- If you requested a Debit Card when you applied for your loan, you will receive your Debit Card and a PIN for this card by post
- Your PIN and card will come in two separate letters for your security, so check your mail regularly during this time
When: around 10 days after Settlement day
First loan repayment
- Your first loan payment will be drawn from your bank account by direct debit one month after your loan Settlement day2
When: one month after settlement day
1. Options apply to variable rate loans only and are based on your instructions in the ‘Direction to pay’ form within loan documents.
2. Ongoing repayments will revert to frequency as nominated by you in the ‘Direct Debit Request’ form within loan documents.
Excellent rate, online account very easy to use.
Approval & settlement process was easy. Everything went smoothly & was completed in a timely manner.
Very efficient and quick service.
My broker went above and beyond in securing this home loan. He was brilliant and highly professional in his work.
Good and prompt service.
Easy access to online information.
They were efficient kind and let me know every step they were taking out was informed all the time.
Everything has gone well, from start of process with broker, to now six months later.
I have not had any problems with AFG Home Loans, everything has gone smoothly with us using this company and it's very easy to use.
The AFG Home Loans Edge™ products are provided by the Advantedge Residential Loan program. AFSH Nominees Pty Ltd (AFSH) ACN 143 937 437 Australian Credit Licence 391192 is the program lender and Advantedge Financial Services Pty Ltd (Advantedge) ACN 130 012 930 Australian Credit Licence 391202 is the program loan servicer. The program is funded under arrangements with National Australia Bank Limited (NAB) ACN 004 044 937 . Each of AFSH and Advantedge are members of the NAB Group. NAB does not guarantee the obligations of its subsidiaries. AFG Home Loans Edge™ products are promoted by AFG Home Loans. The AFG Home Loans Edge™ information in this document was prepared and issued by Advantedge. Fees and charges apply to AFG Home Loans Edge™ products.