Here’s a checklist of required documents
Most lenders follow a similar process when it comes to approving loans, so they generally need the same documentation.
To keep the process moving forward, it helps to bring the documents listed below to the meeting with your broker. This can help fast-track your loan application.
This is a general checklist and you may not need some of them. Your broker can tell you what you’ll need.
- A current Passport or Birth Certificate
- Driver’s Licence. (Please note if these documents are in your maiden name, you will also need to provide a copy of your Marriage Certificate.)
- Other documents that will be useful: a Medicare card, Credit card, ATM/Debit card, Council Rates Notice, Pensioner Concession card, Health Care card, Tertiary Student ID card.
- The two most recent payslips from your employer. (Ideally these will show the company name, number of payslip and year-to-date income figure.)
- The most recent Group Certificate from your employer.
If self employed:
- The last two years’ personal and business tax returns and ATO assessments.
- Other income details.
You may also need:
- Rental income statements or bank accounts showing rental income for any investment properties.
- Proof of share dividends or interest earned.
- Centrelink letter confirming family tax benefits.
- Centrelink letter confirming permanent government pensions.
- Private pension group certificate or statement.
- Proof of any other regular, ongoing income.